Sunday 28 April 2013

Old Maids

We've been sharing over in the Hero Arts flickr group about stamps that we own, but have never been stamped ... virgin stamps ... and if they're over six months in your stash then they're old maids!

I bought this sentiment set, for the saying "happy thoughts" because I sign my letters and emails that way. But when I want to add it to the card, it never fits!


I have also been playing around with watercolours. Even though I have been using watercolour paper, I have not been getting the effect I want. Need to play a lot more.

The first is my favourite . . . the watercolour background, 2 stamps of the wild grass, 3 dragonflies and the sentiment. Lovely sprinkles from Annabelle stamps.

In the second I searched through my stamps to find something that followed the curve of the watercolouring. Originally I was going to put the sentiment at the top, but then decided it was better in the white space below. But it didn't fit! So I just stamped it on the card stock below and matched them up.

I will enter these into the Moxie Fab Wonder of Watercolour Challenge.





7 comments:

  1. I love these two cards! You have inspired me to play with water colors more often!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both lovely! Love watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow .... these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Janet! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been scrolling (and drooling) through your blog for the last hour or so . . . I found you through CASology! I absolutely love your style on so many of your cards! Your colour-combinations, the shapes you use, the gorgeous visual flow - wow! I am truly inspired! Thank you for sharing your talent. I am now following by email!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails