Sunday 18 May 2014

Wild with Washi - 2

My second card with washi tape.

I stuck the washi tape on my card front, then die cut my words. I then covered the washi tape on the background piece and spritzed it with Mr Huey gold. It didn't really match the gold of the washi tape, so I spritzed again with Delusions Postbox Red, but there is still a shimmer coming through which is difficult to catch on camera.

I die cut an extra 2 sets of words so that I could glue them together in layers to give a 3D effect. When I glued them down, I offset from the original cut to give a shadow effect to the words. I put a piece of dark green behind.

I die cut the hearts and star from the gold washi tape, but I added Wink of Stella to the star.




2 comments:

  1. Love the gorgeous gold chevrons Janet. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool design, Janet! I can't think of a way to play with Washi, and you've thought of several ways...so clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails