Wednesday 17 September 2014

Leaves 2

One of the reasons that my craft studio gets so cluttered is that I don't like to throw things away ... so Instead of just throwing the negative die cut of my leaves, I decided to use it on another card. So this is my second card for the SSS Flickr Challenge #1.

I wanted to put green behind the stencil, so I sprayed some cardstock with Mister Huey Cash Money. Then I stamped the Hero Arts La Lettre stamp in HA Silver on the green. I also stamped the white card in 2 opposite corners.

I had my stash of SSS stamp sets next to me and Favorite Flowers was on the top. I realised that the doodle leaf stamp would fit in the larger leaves perfectly. I love it when a plan comes together! I added a freehand doodle line to frame it.


There is some sort of optical illusion going on here, as no matter how many times and ways I try to photograph it, the leaves look like they are in front of the orange/yellow background, when in fact, it is the reverse!

And guess what?

There is still some of that negative cut left, so another card is in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails