Wednesday 11 November 2015

Thank you's, Kindness & Rangoli for Divali

I was just so amazed by the video of someone doing a Rangoli stencil, and thought I have to try get the same effect with a stencil, ink, embossing powder and paper!

Here is the inspiration video of Vaidhyanathan.s


This is super awesome or what!!!!!!
Posted by Vaidhyanathan S. Cfp on Saturday, 7 November 2015

To get the same effect with paper you have to change the order a bit - instead of working the background first, then the top, you need to do the stencil pattern first, then the background. I inked through the stencil with Twisted Citrus on the outer edge and Squeezed Lemonade towards the centre. Then I cover it all with Versamark ink and embossed with Clear embossing powder. I distressed in circles : Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Dusty Concord.


Decided to try with a stamp too - and with some of my favourite colours - blues and greens with a touch of purple.


I'll be giving these to the 2 care givers of my mother in law. 

Thanks to Jennifer McGuire for encouraging us to spread the kindness with her Share Handmade Kindness Challenge.



1 comment:

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails