Wednesday 16 December 2015

Gift Idea ... Message Blocks

I decided to use up some of the large stash of 6x6 patterned paper to cover some message blocks. Then it was fun finding stamps to match to stamp on the sides. It was a late night, but I finished 13 of them.

These Wplus9 stamps went so well with this paper. Sentiment from Papertrey Ink.



Complete different WPlus9 set. I know there is a Hero Arts stamp with almost the same flowers, but I don't have it. You work with what you have.



How I love the mix of this paper with the Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine set.



I've had quite a few queries on how I made these, so here's the quick version :
  • Choose your patterned paper and cut to size.
  • Find matching stamps and ink colours.I didn't really care what make or type - I was more concerned that the colour matched, so it was a mix of Hero Arts, Memento and Simon Says Stamp, Versacolor.
  • Turn the block vertical, so the side you want to stamp is on top. Hold firmly against the table top and squeeze the pages together with your one hand, and stamp with the other. It's important to try and hold it so the pages make a "straight" surface with no dips.
  • Turn the block to repeat for the other 2 sides.
  • Glue on the patterned paper and add a sentiment and embellishments if you wish.


6 comments:

  1. These look fabulous Janet, what a great idea! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so nice, what a brilliant way to use up patterned paper. Totally love e first one, its my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really beautiful & I love how you've matched the sentiments to the paper! Gorgeous gifts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project! Every one of them are beautiful, Janet! Thanks for your step by step instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails